Description: The very first Little People town was introduced in 1973 as the #997 Play Family Village. It was discontinued in 1977, but remains to be the best Little People town that Fisher-Price has ever made. In 1986 Fisher-Price introduced the 2nd little people town as the #2500 Play Family Main Street. The #2500 was quite a disapointment in comparison to the #997, yet it remained in production until the end of the Original Little People line in 1990. A mainstreet set was never made for the Chunky Little People line, and didn't appear in the Current Little People line until 1998 as the #72355 Main Street.
This set has town 3 sections that connect together and can be stacked or set up different ways. The biggest of the 3 sections is a two-story white building with a firestation, small park with a detachable swing, a pet shop, barber shop, and roof that either of the other two building can fit on. The second section is a blue diner with patio roof, and the third section is a car wash with a ramp and gas pump. The set includes lots of accessories, including an umbrella table, food tray, signs, vehicles, a mail truck and letters, and Current Little People figures. Designed for children ages 1-1/2 years and older.
- 3 main street buildings:
- FPT13491 - Fire Station, Barber, Pet Shop - Large white 2-story building with a red fire station door on the front that really opens, a red mailbox that opens, a green tree piece that holds an accessory swing, and a green elevator that lifts to the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor has a barber shop on one side and a pet shop on the other side that has a revolving pet stand. The roof is large enough to hold either of the other two building, making a larger structure.
- FPT13492 - Diner - Blue diner with a red roof and red door that really opens. A stairway leads to the patio on the roof. The roof has a built-in chair and a tiled floor. Inside includes a counter with built-in cash register and a food storage area with 2 shelves for accessory food trays.
- FPT13493 - Car Wash - Blue car wash with a red roof that doubles as a service station. When the car is repaired, it can roll down the ramp on the side. A yellow guard gate prevents the car from rolling before its ready. The carwash has a tunel for the car to drive through and yellow cloth "cleaners" that hang down to wash them. The cleaners can be moved back and forth manually. A gas pump with a red hose and nozzle are attached to the front of the building.
- FPT13494 - Yellow swing that attaches to the park area of the Main Street building. Swing has rope simulated support on top. Backrest has a heart and dot designs.
- FPT13495 - Red flag that fits in any of the holes on the corners of the Main Street buildings. Flag is squared with a short pole. Pole has a large ball on top and short bent peg on the end.
- 3 Vehicles:
- FPT13496 - Yellow 1-seat L-shaped helicoper with white propellers that really spin.
- FPT13497 - Small squared red 1-seat fire truck with a 3-step ladder on the back (ladder does not move).
Truck has a rectangular windshield on front, gas hole on rear top side, and rolls on 4 black tires.
- FPT13498 - Small squared blue 1-seat mail truck with a squared area behind the driver for accessory mail pieces.
Has a rectangular windshield on front, gas hole on rear top side, and rolls on 4 black tires.
- 2 Pieces of Mail:
- FPT13499 - Mail Piece #1 - Piece of mail with an imprint of an address, stamp, and return address area on front. Back side has a heart imprint to seal the letter, marked, "1, ©'98 F-P. INC, CHINA".
- FPT13500 - Mail Piece #2 - Piece of mail with imprints that appear as though the mail has been wrapped in cord. Includes an address, stamp, and return address area on front. Back side is marked, "2, ©'98 F-P. INC, CHINA".
- FPT13501 - Diner Sign - Yellow rectangular sign with a round base. One side of sign has a blue litho with a picture of a hamburger, coke and fries. Other side of sign has a white litho with a menu (4 blue stars by picture of a drink, hamburger, fries, and 2 cookies).
- FPT13502 - Traffic Light - Yellow rectangular sign with a round base. Sign has a traffic light litho on both sides. The green light is highlighted on one side and the red light is highlighted on the other side.
- 2 Food Trays:
- FPT13503 - Sandwich Tray - Flat yellow rectangular food tray with litho on one side. Yellow litho includes picture of a sandwich, cookies, apple, and strawberry shake.
Back side is marked "1, ©'98 F-P. INC, CHINA". Measures 2" wide x 1-1/2" high.
- FPT13504 - Fruit Tray - Flat yellow rectangular food tray with litho on one side. Pink litho includes picture of a banana, apple, orange, and muffins. Back side is marked "1, ©'98 F-P. INC, CHINA". Measures 2" wide x 1-1/2" high.
- FPT13505 - White round table with a hole in the center for the accessory umbrella to fit on top. The table has 4 short round (hollow) legs.
- FPT13506 - Rounded yellow table umbrella with scalloped edges and a white angled pole. Angled pole makes umbrella appear to be leaning. Peg on bottom of pole fits into hole in center of table described above.
- FPT5807 - Barber Chair - Round white chair with an upright backrest (no arm rest).
- 4 Little People figures:
- FPT4748 - Firewoman - Female fireman with long blonde hair wearing a black fireman's helmet, a red long-sleeve raincoat with a yellow stripe in the middle and 2 silver buckles, and black firemans boots.
- FPT4726 - Boy - Asian boy wearing a red shirt, blue pants with silver keys in his side pocket, and white shoes.
- FPT4685 - Girl - Girl with long brown hair, a purple ponytail holder, wearing a pink shirt under purple overalls, pink shoes, and a yellow pocketbook strapped over her shoulder.
- FPT4603 - Cat - Orange cat with white front feet and a white chest. He wears a blue collar with a yellow heart-shaped tag.
- FP72355BOX1998 (Box ONLY) - Sold in a 20-1/2" long, 16-1/8" high, 7-1/4" deep closed box.
- FP72355SET1998 - Complete set in original Box. WFL: BW
|Please, if you have any information or details about this toy that isn't mentioned above then e-mail us. Thanks!