Years Made:
Fisher-Price Toy Department
Department 8:
Push, Pull, & Floor Toys
1947-1949
    Aisle K: Ducks (except Donald Duck)

Larger Photo

Larger Photo

Description: The Snap-Quack duck is so realistic and detailed that it is almost hard to believe that it is a toy. When pulled by his pull string, Snap-Quack comes to live. He turns his head from side to side, his body rolls from left to right in a lifelike swimming motion, and his big bill open and closes with a smart "quack"!
Accessories:
  • FPT4061 - Solid wooden duck with brightly colored detailed paper lithographs on the head and front, sides, and back of his body. Duck has a green head and tail, brown chest, black, blue, and white feathers, and a white collar marked "Snap-Quack" in red. When pulled, his head turns from side to side, his body rolls from left to right in a lifelike swimming motion, his yellow bill open and closes, and he "quacks. He rolls on 4 wooden wheels, two are located under the back and 2 are hidden under the front of duck. Measures 11-1/2" long, 7-1/4" high, and 4" wide.
Variations: None.
Other Information:
  • Also see 1942's #148 Ducky Daddles.
  • Also see 1950's #757 Snappy-Quacky.
  • Suggested retail price in 1948 was $2.25.
  • The following rhyme is printed in one of Fisher-Price's mini-catalogues from the late 40's;

Says Snap-Quack as he "swims" along
In making fun I lead the throng
Tots love my "Quack" and colors bright
As I waddle ahead from left to right.

Please, if you have any information or details about this toy that isn't mentioned above then e-mail us. Thanks!

This Old Toy Fisher Price This Old Toy Fisher Price This Old Toy Fisher Price This Old Toy Fisher Price This Old Toy

This Old Toy
Fisher Price This Old Toy Fisher Price This Old Toy Fisher Price This Old Toy Fisher Price This Old Toy

EMail us at info@thisoldtoy.com